For many years every fall and spring I would get a sinus infection, get laryngitis and go to the doctor to get a prescription. Fall allergies, spring allergies over and over. I felt like there was a sign over one of the doors in the doctors office that said, “Dave’s room”. But then something changed. Actually I changed. I did several things to eliminate the problem.
The last time I went to the doctor to for a sinus infection was…..wait for it……November 2001. Yes, you read that correctly, November 2001. As of this writing 17 years! Now, I still have times when my sinuses bother me, but, it lasts 2-3 days and I never have to go see a doctor for a prescription.
What did I do?
Several things. I will list them in order of the most important.
1. I started taking a probiotic called “Optiflora”. This product (Optiflora capsules) delivers 500 million beneficial bacteria to the intestines. They dramatically helped my immune system. For less than .76 cents a day no more sinus infections! Now to be fair I was taking a lot of other nutritional supplements, but this one product was the missing link for me.
2. I was taking a number of other supplements at the time (and still do). The present day equivalent product is Shaklee Vitalizer. It contains the Optiflora, multivitamin, Omega 3, Vitamin c, B complex and more in one convenient blister strip. Another choice (what I now take) is the Shaklee Life Strip.
3. I also began taking something called “Nutriferon”, a natural product that helps normalize the immune system.
4. I do something called nasal irrigation several times per week. I won’t go into detail here but to say I wash out my sinuses with salt water (nasal saline from the drug store).
5. Plus other things like exercise, good nutrition, gratitude, prayer, meditation and handling stress better.
Follow the links above for information on the company that sells the highest quality products available (the company I have used for many years). Or go to
Contact me for other information.
(The photo is my front yard in spring.)
Health, Hope, Fitness, Freedom.